Service is not a position in a committee; it is a posture in the heart.
(Living Clean - Being of Service)
The service we do in our recovery is many things. We take a more active role in our everyday lives, serving others as better friends, better family members, better workers, and better citizens. When we find an NA meeting where we feel at home and NA friends with whom we identify, we’ve found a home group, a base for our own recovery and a place where we can serve other addicts by sharing our recovery with them. (A Guide to Local Service)
‘Freedom springs from the newfound passion when we find our niche in service.’ - SPAD November 10
Next Regional Meeting
Sunday April 16th 10:00 AM
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/82459255375
Zoom ID: 824 5925 5375
The Ontario Regional Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous meets the third Sunday in January, April, July and October. Anyone can join us.
The Regional Fellowship Development Team meets the last Sunday of the month at 6:00 pm EST on the Zoom platform. Anyone can join us. To join the meeting
Click Here or access from Zoom 885 2784 2553 PW: 1212
What is Fellowship Development
Current Fellowship Development Workgroups:
1. Regional Newcomer Development Workgroup Meets MONDAYS ONLY at 7:00pm EST to join the meeting Click Here
2. Regional H&I Workgroup Meets February 19, 2023 at 2:00 pm EDT to join the meeting Click Here or access from Zoom 851 8157 6815 PW 1212
3. Accessibility for Addicts with Additional Needs Workgroup NEW: meets the First Sunday of the month at 7:00pm EST (next meeting Feb. 5) to join the meeting Click Here or access from Zoom 872 5630 2512 PW 1212
4. Phoneline Workgroup - for information on starting a phoneline in your Area, becoming a Regional Phoneline Volunteer or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
5. Social Media: ORSCNA FaceBook Page
6. Attracting Members to Service Workgroup - Meets the First Tuesday of each month at 5:30pm EST to join the meeting Click Here or access from 874 2898 8138 Password 1212
7. Public Relations Workgroup - Meets the Third Tuesday of every other month (March, May, July, etc..., at 6pm EST to join the meeting Click Here or access from Zoom 881 2103 9124 - Password 1212
8. Sponsorship Behind the Walls - Meets the Last Saturday of the month at 11:00 am EST to join the meeting Click Here or access from Zoom 879 4727 1084 Password 1212
If you'd like to join any of the above-mentioned workgroups, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ontario Region of NA Presents: Growing the NA Fellowship.
Help us grow our beloved Fellowship through Public Relations, Outreach and Infrastructure Development. No cleantime required!
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
We meet the last Sunday of every month at 6pm EST.
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88527842553?pwd=VVVtK0phNG5veWFiNlRQWlZlNG1HUT09
Meeting ID: 885 2784 2553
what is service?
Service work is carrying the message to the addict who still suffers. There are many different ways that we can be of service in NA. Some members volunteer on the phoneline, sharing a message of hope with struggling addicts, their family members, and professionals. Some members share their experience, strength and hope on speaker panels, carrying the NA message into jails, treatment centers, and other institutions. There are many ways to be of service at many different levels. As we stay clean and work the Twelve Steps, we come to find our niche in service. Being of service is one of the ways in which we practice our Twelfth Step. It's also a way of expressing our gratitude for the program of Narcotics Anonymous.
What is the na message?
The NA message is that an addict, any addict, can stop using drugs, lose the desire to use, and find a new way to live. When all is said and done, our primary purpose can only be to carry the message to the addict who still suffers because that is all we have to give.
How do i start giving back?
Service usually starts at the “homegroup” level. A homegroup is a particular NA Group that you commit to attending on a regular basis. A homegroup provides many opportunities for you to involve yourself in the NA Fellowship, making it a great place to start giving back. Members often start by showing up early to help set up, or staying after the meeting to help clean up.
"In committing to our homegroup, we make a personal commitment to NA unity. That commitment not only enhances our own recovery, it helps ensure recovery is available for others. Our home group also gives us a place in which to participate in NA’s decision-making processes."
-The Group Booklet
what is regional service?
The Ontario Regional Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous serves the Areas within the geographical boundaries of Ontario and Manitoba. Here are just some of the services we provide:
We coordinate toll-free phone numbers in English, French and Farsi for the entire Region;
We provide Regional meeting directories and other printed resources;
We provide shared resources in digital technology so that Areas don't end up with duplications of services;
We facilitate the communication of information to and from our Region, the Canadian Assembly, NA World Services, and the Areas we serve;
We participate in service workshops and learning days;
We facilitate an annual Fellowship Development weekend which "travels" throughout the Region, allowing local NA communities to get a taste of Regional service;
We encourage and support the planning and implementation of a Regional convention;
We provide outreach services to new or struggling Groups and Areas.
We meet four times per year, as listed below:
3rd Sunday of January at 10:00 a.m.
3rd Sunday of April at 10:00 a.m.
3rd Sunday of July at 10:00 a.m.
3rd Sunday of October at 10:00 a.m.
how can i learn about other TYPES of service?
There are a variety of service handbooks and resources available through NA World Services. Click here to learn more.